Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hows my little weirdo?

This weekend was a fun yet bizarre one. I thought going into it, much boredom and job hunting was going to come out of it, instead...neither!

Friday was full of rock band fun stuff. Rock band is really really great fun, I like to sing the most because I suck the least at it. I suck at the drums and the guitars are pretty tricky too. Funny how that works because I am an awful singer.

Saturday Started by cleaning my room and waiting for friends John and Nikki to pick me up for a plunge into lake superior, we were 20 min late. Which means if you know anything about polar bear plunges we were actually 19 min late and short one free shirt. We did not stop there though, NO SIR! We were at Fitger's Boch fest and wanted, and needed to participate. So we signed up for a stein race and WON! somehow. John and I recruited two strangers (one who we think was very hammered, but nice) the other excited to race.

While watching our competition I drank a couple of Bochs and even had them caramelized by a giant Iron rod and it was a fantastic experience. Dinner at the brewhouse yielded two more empty pitchers of delicious (un-caramelized) Boch. Bed was good that night.

Sunday I had every intention of getting some work done, but Justin called and offered me an opportunity to see The E Street Band rock out with Bruce Springsteen, which was really cool. I didn't feel creepily old but nor did I feel like a baby, Still don't know how people can buy multiple $6.00 beers.

The white castle on the way home was divine.


This was our team we were called Lost Bunch




Bruce and E Street

5 comments:

FullaLove said...

Oh. My. God. The woman standing next to you with her arms in the air and the white hat was a writer I worked with at my internship this summer. Laura was her name, correct?

That is too fricking weird.

samma said...

sounds like my kind of weekend. i love when shit is spontaneous and crazy.

Tony! said...

yeah...actually it was laura...CRAZY!

Peter. said...

one..if you need a drummer for rock band i am your man. my pal matt brown has it and i'm borderline obsessed with it. i can do that boston song, long time, on hard. i fuckin love that game.

two..how dare you see sprinsteen. how dare you. i'm jealous.

three..refer back to one.

anniemosity said...

rock band is amazing. almost as amazing as bruce.