Friday, November 23, 2007

Hows my little Underpants?

This weekend I forgot to pack underwear for my adventure to Madison.
Normally this isn't a problem I would just go to Target and buy some to hold out for the weekend and extend my laundry cycle and be happy.

But not today.



Maybe you haven't heard but today is the day after thanksgiving and apparently the biggest shopping day of the year. So that makes buying underwear purchasing a stressful event. Damnit.

So after a great lunch at Noodles and Co. with Laura I decided I would brave a trip to Target, because clean underwear is just more comfortable (and sanitary). After parking on mars. I began my trek across the Parking lot. I walked into target to come across the absolutely worst set-up target in the world. I've been in a plenty of targets in my day and this one approached Duluth's wal-mart in the shittiest setup ever. Anyway, after wandering all over I finally found the men's clothing section, and stood awkwardly next to this very awkward older woman looking at the men in the boxer brief pictures and standing very near to me. After she finally left I was finally able to think and grabbed my choices and left. (what happened to the weekend 3 pack anyway?)

After leaving the underwear section I headed for the DVD section (because it was right next to it) and grabbed blood diamond because it was only 4 dollars and thats hard to argue with. On my way to checkout I saw bottles of wine as an endcap and grabbed a Cabernet realizing I was in Wisconsin, this made sense and checked out, with no wait.

So my Black Friday experience actually didn't suck, which was nice. Target must have just planted all of those cars in the lot to make me think they were going to be busy. Suckers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

For the sake of everyone in Madison, I am glad that you made a successful shopping trip!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure my sister threw down the gauntlet for you before you even got there. (And yeah, that target is a mess).

A said...

you should've gone to the shoreview supertarget..it was desolate! I was there at around 8:30am and there were maybe like 10 people in the store total. crazy.

and this year i braved it and went to best buy at 7am. i got out of there with what i wanted in 30 minutes!