Friday, April 20, 2007

Hows my little Uncle?

More bad news.

Uncle Loui's had a fire and is no longer open, damages estimated to be $100,000. This is bad for a couple of reasons. One is that I am cheap, and so is Uncle Loui's. The food there is really really greasy fantastic and I love it. It is also very affordable, I have eaten there and felt full for 5$ with tip more than once. Reason two, Uncle Loui's is by far and away the best post-drunk food that Duluth has to offer, no competition. Uncle Loui you will be missed I hope for our sake that you get a fat insurance check and build yourselves a nice new fireproof home.

5 comments:

samma said...

i'm bummed. i was at the tweed volunteering when i found out, and the volunteer cordinator said that they always have a fire when their taxes are due.... or something like that.

this is tragic. i will morn the loss of uncle louies like i still morn the loss of my ginormous sunglasses.

samma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

There was a pancake record set there years ago - 8 I believe - that I was dying to break. I once ate two and a half and felt like I was going to be hospital bound, but with proper training I knew my dream was attainable.

Shame, now I'll have no legacy to leave behind for my children.

A said...

tony, did you delete your facebook? i tried to send you a message the other day. when will you be back in the cities???

samma said...

fatty!!! i miss you. when will i see you again?