Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hows my little lost treasure?

I've been cleaning my room lately and purging the crap, while going through my old notebooks I stumbled across this random little story I submitted for college (maybe high school?) credit apparently:

Back in the time of Saturday morning cartoons and Sunday morning and afternoon and evening cartoons and also Monday through Friday afternoon cartoons I used to believe that cartoons were real. They had to be! They were so fun and lifelike, the adventures that they would go one... I would immerse myself into them. I was part of their adventures. I was battling the evils and trying to take over the city, I was right there with Launchpad and Gizmo and Scrooge McDuck saving his huge money vault from the three crooks and their mo., who always escaped from jail. I was right there telling Pinky not to do that or giving Brain ti[s on how to take over the world. HOW COULD THESE ADVENTURES NOT BE REAL?! They all took place on a planet so much like earth...well most of the time.
Another thing...if one when to Disney world you could go and give Mickey Mouse a great big hug and Goofy a high five and take your picture with them too. PROOF that they were real right in your own photo album at home. Me 'n Mickey or when they would travel to Egypt and run away from mummys. [not sure how that line fits in right there]

Cartoons were so fun and lifelike. Lofts of things are fun and lifelike I guess, well not reall, I was talking about cartoons a minute ago, what else is fun and lifelike? Stuffed animals. I guess. You can hold them so it is fun with them. I had a stuffed tiger that I used to sleep with his name was Tony because mine was too and also so was the cereal tiger's name. I had another Tiger I called Tony jr. he was so little and cute. I would take Tony and Tony jr. everywhere I went. I took them to my friend Tom's house a few time and her liked them. I would take the Tony on car trips. He mad a great pillow with his feet and his snout. He even sat at my head with in 4th grade when I had surgery on my foot. Tony was always there for me. We played games together, watched TV together, He had whiskers for a little while but I pulled them out. I cried because I thought that I had wrecked him, They were so itchy though and starting to bend and break, So it was for the betterment of my stuffed tiger.


That was it, no conclusion. Cartoons were real and so was my tiger. Hope you enjoyed that bit.

1 comment:

samma said...

please post pictures of yourself as a child. i must know.