Monday, May 26, 2008

Hows my little slacker?


ahhhhh...
That is what I have to say after this wonderful week I spent with laura the outdoors and other places and people. (that is a refreshed ahh by the way)

I guess where I should start is the beginning of last weekend. I promise I'll try to only hit the key spots.
Ma and Pa came up from Indiana on Friday after my final final that went half an hour over the scheduled time. Which would have killed me if it weren't for the pizza that my instructor bought for us. After a fantastic dinner and some awesome wine, (a grenache which was ohh so good) Laura made it up for her first paid vacation ever, with lil ol me.

The following Saturday was graduation. It was long winded and windy outside.


Sunday Laura's parents came up and we walked around town and hit up the Lakeview Castle for dinner which was good. We went to Iron Man that night and I was blown away by how incredible it was.

It took laura and I most of the week to figure out what we did Monday afternoon, we decided it started off very lazily and then we picked dandelions for a dandelion wine to get fermenting.


This is what 4 cups of dandelion petals look like in a bowl.

Then we grilled with some good peeps, played kubb and drank lots of good (and 'bad') wine. After we were all done with that we all went on a walk to the lake and stopped in the reef for a cheap pitcher on the way and all of us peed off of the top of several things, which was fun. Like usual.


Dan did not pee off of this though.

Tuesday Laura and I woke up feeling like we had drank as much as we had the evening before. So, we took our time packing for our adventure to the great north. Our destination was the Cascade Lodge! A little place north of Lutsen and south of Grand Marais. We had a sweet deal of the last week of off season prices and midweek price as well and hooked ourselves up with a sweet suite with a king bed a whirlpool that can fit one fat person or two skinny people and a separate living room for about $75 a night! And it had a really stellar view of the lake1 Hot damn we lived good there.



In Grand Marais we did lots of fun stuff over the course of our two days including hiking , geocaching, eating, eating sven and ole's, eating the worlds best donuts at Worlds Best Donuts, Walking, Sunburning, being cute, being gassy, skipping rocks, taking pictures, drinking wine, drinking beer, and sleeping in every day.

On our way back we completed a geocache that led us up to the top of the silver creek tunnel (via rocky cliff) by two harbors, most likely against our better judgment. Of course I was only wearing flip flops on this perilous journey.

Friday Laura and I decided we would adventure to superior for some walking and geocaching. In superior I saw with my own two eyes an unbelieveable sight.
A pretty area.
I know, its hard to believe but a pretty area in superior does indeed exist with nice houses and even a wonderful park. I thought we traveled in a warp to somewhere else but I could see the high bridge the entire time so I was constantly reminded this was in fact, a real place. That night we saw Prince Caspian which rocked real hard.


This is me trying to swing on a weird thing suspended from a swing set.
Notice the (only) patch of (green!) grass located in superior, Wisconsin behind me. It is no longer a local legend I have photographic proof the entire town does not suck. (now only most of it)

Saturday We walked around Tischer Creek by Glensheen looking for a multi-cache, it tuckered me out somethin fierce, but it was really awesome to see all sorts of really pretty waterfalls right in town.


Sunday Laura and I parted ways and I met up with my High School pals for our annual Memorial Weekend at Justin's cabin. It was stellar like always. I love Mario Kart for wii.

In case you were wondering we found about 20 geocaches this week.

1 comment:

FullaLove said...

You are so darn cute.

That's the first thing I thought when I finished reading this post, which surprised me because its usually something along the lines of "You are such a little shit". But this time I mean it fatso...you are so darn cute.