Monday, March 19, 2007

Hows my little Summit?

In a mad case of insomnia I have decided to blog about my adventure to Colorado.

It began kind of shaky because I was still not feeling all that great, my stomach was grumpy at me and it was very smelly and uncomfortable because of it. My plane rides were uneventful minus my crazy stomach pain.

I landed in Denver about 5 minutes before Jon we met up at baggage claim, and waited for the better part of two hours for all of my bags, it was really lame. Tired and hungry Rich's (my host) Sister Kristen picked up Jon and I and we headed to Rich's place in Frisco.

The rest will be more brief I promise:

Day one was the best day of skiing, although we got settled in pretty late and the time change was that evening as well we decided to wake up after an adjusted 4 hours of sleep to make first tracks in the new snow that the heavens unleashed.



We spent most of this day skiing the back bowl of Copper mountain, I was in love with the powder but my ski parter Jon was not quite as happy about it, so it was a mix of groomers and powder all day, still, very good skiing.

Day two Jon and I explored more of the mountain, the snow was less good so we slept in.
Day three we got to ski with rich which was really fun, he took us to a run known as hard to find, for good reason, its hard to find because you have to be crazy to try to find it. we skied the trees for a good 20 min before we found the run, but the snow was really delightful and the crazy steep run we sought after was short but really great, and a little scary.

It was this day I was beginning to question how good of a skier I was because I was having lots of trouble skiing in the bumps in control as well as in the trees. But to my credit, most of the runs with bumps were either on blacks or double blacks, and the tree runs were unnamed or unrated runs.

Wednesday was the only day off we took from skiing, it was a pretty relaxing day, we went to a nearby state forest and hiked around in some deep snow and took some pretty pictures as well.



Thursday was uneventful in skiing-ness, and the evening was quiet as well.

Friday we slept in and met up with Kristen and a few of her pals on the mountain which was fun. That night we went over to Rich's neighbor's house for some good food and drink, good times were had by all.

Friday night I got a call from northwest telling me that My flight was moved from 11:30 AM to 7:30 AM. This call came the night before I was to leave, LAME LAME LAAAAME. I got my flight fixed to a normal time (4:30) and then drank some more in frustration. Good luck was on my side and Ali (rich's GF) hooked me up with another free day of skiing and herself as a buddy to go with for the next morning to kill time.

That was very wonderful.

Altogether I had a a really great time, it was really fantastic to spend some time with Rich and see his new life in Frisco, Colorado, and to meet his lovely lady (keep her around Rich) and his cute yet sometimes very mean kitty. I will definitely be adventuring out to visit him again in the future, I think next time I am going to try for a summer excursion, I guess there is more to do then. IE camping, climbing, hiking and other outdoorsy things too. I recommend Copper mountain for skiing to anyone and everyone, its big enough to feed the needs of a skier and boarder of any caliber. And it was good.


Jon Me Rich

In the mean time, I want to get the heck out of Duluth, this next year won't go fast enough. no hard feelings D-town, but I've had my fill of ya for now.

3 comments:

anniemosity said...

i am impressed with your line.
and with the fierce-ness (fiercity? ferociousness?) of your photo.

Unknown said...

You look pretty pale. Ha!

Toe-knee Marcuson.

zing! said...

and the line to the right is MINE