Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hows my little blizzard?

God, thank you for giving me all of the snow I requested months ago.
Its about damn time.

Today here in Duluth Rock City we began it in a blizzard warning that started yesterday evening, and goes until tomorrow night. which is kind of serious. I woke up today to check my E-mail before I even got out of bed to see if class was canceled, sure enough it was. Sarah and I made a wonderful breakfast, and with the company of our lovely roomie Halie we ventured down to the lake to play in the wind, snow, and ice.

I got to accomplish one of my Duluthian goals which was to sled down a street, along the way. I wasn't ready for what I was in for down at the lake though. The wind here is blowing quite hard, something around 40-60 MPH and with some snow mixed into it each flake is a little dagger of snow pain. Down on the ice was so windy we were able to just stand on the ice and the wind would push us across it, it was SWEET!!!



After we blew around on the ice for a while we called it quits and went home, we were tired snowy and our faces were freezing while our bodies sweat. Now its thundering and lightning outside and i didn't even know that was possible.

AND

School is already canceled for tomorrow. Not that I have Friday class anyway, but since I'm snowed in, Laura is, and every one else and their mother is as well, the roomies and I are going to tip back one or two gin and tonics and probably get our Dance Dance Revolution, hot damn. Should be a good night.

Tomorrow I am going to adventure into the snowy world to laura's house, cause I am imagining her unable to get to work alive, and it will be a fun jaunt. Yay!

No comments: