Tuesday, August 01, 2006

hows my little astranger?

So while I was sick I was like god all I want to know is how it feels to feel normal. today for like 87% of the day I felt normal, and it was very normal feeling. and that really made me comfortable.

so while I was recovering from being sick I bought flogging molly's cd/DVD album. My official review: I like flogging molly lots so I like it, but if you don't own any of their other albums go get those instead, its one new track, a few acoustic versions of popular songs (drunken lullabies is kind of funny how slow it is) and then some live recordings.

as for the DVD I found it very inspiring. I really just want to drop life and go another direction, but I have made it too far and spent too much to realistically do that now. but I want to.

So ever since I started looking for colleges I wanted to study abroad. Ever since I started looking for colleges I just wanted a change, bemidji definitely provided one for me, but not the right one, I met lots of great people there and still love them, but not the right place for me. Duluth has been really cool its been nice to experience 'city' life.
I am still craving that change though. I want to get out and see the world.
when people ask me what I am going to do after college I give em two answers. haahahahaha....eehhhh well I don't have a clue, followed by well ideally I would land a sweet internship or job somewhere and move on but...ya never know.
But..
Really I just want to go somewhere else, talk to strangers, take pictures, document my travels. poke around in shady places, camp, leave the USA, see the ocean, hike a mountain, traverse a crevasse, go to Italy or even south America, see European art, meet interesting people for a day or a week. I aspire to be a nomad. I am not opposed to saving money just to do that for as long as the cash lasts. I want to work odd jobs, I want to sling fish in a market, not shower for a week because I don't have access to one.


And I want to do it alone.

nothing against you or anything, but its what I want to do. I don't want someone to say, tony this isn't a good idea or, hey lets do this instead of that, I wanna do my own thing.

so that's that, go me...someday

1 comment:

samma said...

i'll always feel that way too. someday my friend we'll be able to explore the world on our own.