Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hows my little bad news bear?

I have had a interesting past 30 hours ish
I drove my good pal Sam home because I am a good soul Thursday night. because she did the right thing and called for a sober cabbie, and the staab and I pulled through. My tummy wasn't feeling so hot though. I was thinking it was kind of an echo from Wednesday nights activities. When I got home I decided sleep was a good idea.

It turned out to only be an Idea until about 3:30 ish when I barfed my my mac and cheese and OJ that I had for dinner. barfing is never a pleasant activity. So after about three or four more trips to the bathroom I decided to take a look at Web MD again, after all they did tell me about my appendicitis. Here was the lesson learned, if you vom and you have a little red in it, head on over the the Doc.

So that is what I did at 5:45 in the morning.

I got in they hooked my up to an IV I barfed some more pooped in my gown while sleeping and had a nurse wipe my ass. which was awkward and kind of pleasant all at the same time. It takes some sort of level of pride to let someone wipe your ass, but man when you realize that you are getting all cleaned up and not an ounce of effort is going in it, it is kind of satisfying. It might have been the morphine though.

If you haven't experienced morphine I recommend it sometime, when you sleep your dreams feel so real, when I was awake though I was pretty useless, but they only gave one dose of that. so that was good, I guess that stuff can be pretty addicting though.

so after that fun stuff I finally stopped barfing and they said looks like you're spending the night here! I responded with a hearty, yay.....

on the good side of it though on MTV2 there was a next marathon for like 2 hours, so that was really thrilling, I love that show.

Laura and Sam came and visited me for a couple of hours as well, and it was great to see them they came bearing gifts and it was quite delightful to have conversations with them rather than the same 60 yes or no questions the doctors and nurses would ask me.

I don't think I have heard wow you are tall so much in such a small amount of time either. it is ridiculous how many times I heard it. and it is such and awkward statement because someone always expects me to respond with something, more often than not I would respond with yep, I'm a tall drink of water... And then there is always the LAME follow-up question, do you play basketball? I usually respond pleasantly with a not anymore track was my thing. It was as if the only sport tall people can do is basketball, some of the best hockey players are taller than me, randy moss is only an inch shorter than me, Mark McGwire is as tall as me too. I'm only bitter because I really don't like basketball, high school effectively killed it for me.

After my stay I am still not quite sure what made me sick, what I heard from the doctors was a gastro-intestinal infection, stomach flu, the 24 hour flu, and heat stroke. But what ended up keeping me in the hospital was my dehydration.

Unfortunately I wont be attending the wine and cheese party because of this but I think it will be for the better.



Just talked to my good buddy Pete from Bemidji and found out that one of my friends who we hung out with a lot, Luke, lost a leg in Iraq by stepping on a land mine. I guess he is lucky to be alive because the mine was meant for a jeep. Couldn't have happened to a better kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks again for the ride. i owe you mucho.

hope you're feeling better.

love,
sam