Saturday, March 07, 2009

Hows my little Literate?

I love reading.
As a kid growing up I read LOTS. Boxcar Children, Babysitters Club, Goosebumps, Choose Your Own Adventure Stories, a brief sting of Edgar Allen Poe. As I grew up so did my reading interests, I've read probably 20 Star Wars themed books, and a good chunk of Stephen King and the late Michael Crichton's Novels. Then abruptly in high school I pretty much stopped reading, sure I did read this and that but it was mostly limited to my Maxim subscription and what instant messenger was providing me with. Then just like most college students that trickle of literature dried up and I was stuck with the reading list my instructors provided. Bitches.

Since I've graduated I've found the glory that was/is my imagination. I've been thinking that I need to record what I'm reading, and maybe my faithful readers would be interested in the stories conquer, or have recommendations for me! Now I need to catch you up on What 2009ish has brought me:

Jodi Piccoult - Keeping Faith (08)
JRR Tolkien - The Hobbit (08)
JRR Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (08)
JRR Tolkien - LOTR The Two Towers (currently reading)
Thomas Cahill - How the Irish Saved Civilization
Terry Pratchett - Making Money
Aldous Huxley - Brave New World (currently reading)
Stephanie Meyer - Twilight
Stephanie Meyer - New Moon
Patricia Terry - Renard the Fox
JK Rowling - Tales of Beedle the Bard
Dean Koontz - Velocity
Paul Astuer - Book of Illusions (08)
Dan Brown - Angels and Demons (08)
Stephen Hawking - A Brief History of Time (currently reading very slowly at breakfast and only sort of comprehending)

From now on when you see a random book title pop into a post, now you know why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading is great! I recommend Sherlock Holmes if you're ever in the market for a new read.