Monday, November 17, 2008

Hows my little Wilderness Survivor?

Howdy Kids!


Life has been a grand adventure lately! A couple of weekends ago Laura and I babysat Chip and what a great time it was, I got a great chance to take a nap with him and we had a really splendid time playing in the fall foliage Check out these pics of the fun!






This past weekend was grand too, we headed north to the Wisconsin Dells to hang out at a sweet place called the wilderness. If you haven't heard of it or been there it is quite the sight. First off it's huge, probaby comparable to the UMD Campus easily, with three indoor waterparks and I'm sure more than one outdoor one it is massive. And tons of fun, I couldn't even sleep the night before because I was so excited, I woke up at 6:30am just eager to start sliding. But boy were my rump and hips tight yesterday from climbing so many stairs. Favorite ride I could have done 100 times, The Hurricane, it was tragic the wait was so long for it though. The real highlight of the adventure was our room, we decided on a Deluxe Suite for the four of us. Definately the way to go because we had several places to sit stand cook eat and drink, and most importantly two separate rooms to sleep in. HOT!

Sunday Laura and I decided to check out the "Lake" Delton area, many of you might remember from earlier this summer the lake just deciding it didn't like it's 80 year old man made walls and took off for the summer, taking several houses boats and many other things with it. If you don't remember Check out this:

You only need to watch the first half.



as you can see it wasn't a small chunk of land that washed away...quite the flood. Here is what it looks like now!

It pretty much looks like sandy a prairie




Here is the road that washed away allowing the lake to enter the river.


Even though Laura and I didn't know what it looked like before we still had lots of trouble imagining the entire lake just flooding out into the river, incomprehensible. From what we saw though they are nearly done with a new apparently bigger and better spillway to prevent future occurrences of this and the road was all done, I guess they might begin filling it back up this winter if all goes well. Check out the article HERE if you care.



and....WE GOT A NEW COUCH!
It is huge and full of awesomeness, I can lay out entirely on it without touching either arm, an impressive feat for this guy here. And today it is snowing like crazy, giving me blind hope that it might stay for more than 30 seconds. Life from Oakwood is grand.

No comments: