Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hows my little settler?

I don't know how the nomadic tribes of yesteryear did it, I really hate moving. Those guys spent most of their lives walking around moving their shit to follow the food. Of course the didn't have anything that plugs in, so naturally I could probably carry everything I own that doesn't have a cord. Accutally no, I am quite blessed to have more clothes than I know what to do with. In fact, I gave two trash bags full to goodwill, still tons.

Anyway, I'm overdue for an update. Also, did you know that anywaySSSS is not a word, it secretly kills me inside when I hear people say it, i will start point out errors in this word shortly.

I have moved in with my parents officially, after I walked in the door I gave my mom a hug and promptly said i was so sure I would never move in with you guys down here, after I graduated. Hmm.

Never say never was her reply. Got me there

My job is going well, I realized I didn't really learn that much in college about the software out there. I can think of a couple of classes I wouldn't have minded replacing with learning Photoshop/Illustrator. Fuck you UMD.

I myself am a full time Graphic Designer with some nice benefits to keep me healthy, pretty smile and working eyes. Even some extra for retirement, whenever that will be. Thus far I've figured out that I will be doing some jobs with some good old fashioned creativity and others that are very much not creative. The people I work with are really nice and friendly and a bit loopy at times, I think I fit in well. I've already golfed with one guy who is cool too.

Laura will be heading down to this neck of the woods at the end of July and with a bit of luck we will be moving into a house(maybe and apartment) and all will be great. We even started house hunting with a Realtor this weekend, houses here are cheap. so cheap in fact I bet if i buy one I will be able to compare it very closely with any northerners rent. I'm excited for this next step.

So that's about it so far I'm liking life and anxious for the next bits of it to come.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Best of luck with the new job Tony! I know a tombstone maker in Ireland if you ever fancy another change of scenery. Hope it all goes well for you.

Anyways I'd better be off ;)