Monday, June 09, 2008

Hows my little driver?

Today I left Laura in Madison to head on down to Indiana to visit my parents for a few days while continuing my job hunt online. While driving I ran into a bit of road construction with tight-fitting traffic narrowed lanes and a semi ahead of me, in the rain.

Somehow under those conditions I missed my exit and ended up in Chicago. Only because I have personally enjoyed the city and have had several people exclaim their love for Chi-town have I not developed a brutal hatred for it.

After donating all of my spare change and then some to this damn city... I tacked on an extra hour and a half to my stupid drive. Thank heavens for the Global Positioning system and Google maps.

Moral is short and simple:
Don't accidentally drive through Chicago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read once that the interstate between Madison and Chicago is one of the worst out there, traffic-wise.