Thursday, December 01, 2005

Hows my little leaf?

Hi everyone, My name is Tony and I am a procrastinator.
[everyone: Hi, Tony]
I have been procrastinating for the majority of my life, its a horrendous habit that for some reason I cant shake off. Do you think its possible that one could be a procrastination addict? Because I am one if there is such a thing. Ann has kind of sparked a movement in me to not procrastinate quite as much. Just because she was telling me that she had this 20 page paper due friday and she has most of it done already, that was last night. If I were In her Shoes I would have done some prelimary reasearch last night called it good and went on with life and finished it tonight. I'm Lame

Another thing that has really opened my eyes to my discusting habit is the last two projects I have had to do I have finished literally the hour before class started. This is cutting it too close and its getting almost to the point of stupidity.

I admit it is a habit, and its not going to be an easy one to break, but as this week has progressed all of my teachers have been telling us about what is due for our final projects and final portfolios to be handed in. And my claendar inside my palm is starting to get very colorful and full. I am actually going to have to do homework this weekend sometime, which is usually a preposterous thought.

Its good that I am realizing this now rather than in a week, but worse is, that I am noticing just how bad this habit is now and not two years ago, but then again college two years ago could have be taken care of in two hours the night before. Oh well...I am turning over a new leaf, the Tony you are in college now to get a degree, I cant stay up every night from now on, Im going to run out of nights and hours.

A somewhat popular quote I have heard on this topic goes as follows:
"Procrastination is like masturbation, In the end youre really only screwing yourself."

Its so true...
Otherwise life is good, starting this weekend its going to get school crazy.
Today I had a critque for my first project that I really am proud of, for the semester, Its time for me to crack down and get some good work out there...afterall they only let 60 people into the school of Graphic design each year, and Im out of classes to not get in this year, WOO. Since I dont believe in stress though, I dont think it exists, so thats good. Nothing that a good night of sleep cant take care of. PEACE OUT!!

Oh and for those who didnt know yet, check out my turkey/ISU/BSU pix on facebook...If you care

No comments: