Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hows my little informant?

As many of you know I would consider going gay for this man. This photo is the only hint I've seen of Tim Burton's Alice in wonderland. God I'm excited, I'll have to reread the book because I remember it being a little weird, a tricky read, and not at all like the animated movie we have all grown to know and love.

Our garden rocks!
Last night we had our biggest meal from it yet we picked some small onions, beans and basil it was great! We have tiny little tomatoes, Some peppers that will be pickable soon, small onions, nearly ready green onions, who knows about the potatoes or carrots, the eggplants have suffered a major infestation setback but thanks to my opposable thumb I've managed to keep the pests under control, its a shame my public bug executions do not scare them away. Altogether I'm pretty stoked for our garden. Its been ridicoulsy hot lately since I got back and Laura the gem on her day off weeded a big chunk of the garden, we were a month or two overdue. She is pretty great. Also! I built a trellis for our cucumbers! its made of bamboo and rope, thank you boy scouts! Check it out:Its actually in the garden right now with the Cucumbers growing all up its business. The half it rests in is the part Laura didn't weed, so when we get that done I'll take a picture of our super sexy garden and show yall.

Books!
My parents and I road tripped up and halfway back to MN so we listened to James Patterson's Honeymoon. Really good, it was exciting the main character was a nympho and I imagined her to be pretty foxy. It got kind of awkward at times because mom and dad were sitting there listening to the reader describe his prodigal sundial on the bed. eeehh.. Rollerskates. I just finished the last book in the twilight series, breaking dawn. I loved ..... all but the end. The book was filled with really exciting and interesting twists and unexpected surprises. WTF is how I described part of it at one point. All until the end. It was like The author ran out of creativity and realized it was already pretty long and took the easy way out. Very expected. I keep reminding myself that I truly did like the book, yet wasn't impressed with the finish. Book 3 was my favorite in the series.
I've also begun a book that is pretty hard to describe called The House of Leaves. It begins by saying on the dedication page "This book is not for you" Obviously it is. So far what I can gather it is a Story about a book, the "story" as it were is a guy's reaction (and clearly plotted story) within footnotes of a book which he has found. Now that book was written by a strange man about a movie about a house which is larger on the inside than the outside, interesting. Also worth noting this movie may not have actually existed yet the book within the book is a extremely detailed account. In reading the synopsis on the book beforehand I still don't think I had a grasp on what it was truly about. I'll let you know how it plays out. It sounds promising. Every time the word house is printed it is blue not black like most of the other words in the book.

This was much longer than I had anticipated.

1 comment:

FullaLove said...

I know its Perez Hilton, so sue me. There's two more pictures here from the movie, which I am so incredibly excited to see.

http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-22-first-look-at-tim-burtons-alice-in-wonderland

Good seeing you, I still love you to pieces.