Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hows my little moviegoer?

Up!
Two Thumbs Up!
The end?! Oh my gosh! He did what? To who? And then that thing! Oh my goodness. I would say tragic, but then some other stuff happened...wait, yeah that would still be when you think about it. I liked the camping museum (wall-e anyone?). Anyway...

I liked Up, personally I read far too many headlines from reviewers exulting Pixar on another job well done to actually encourage me to see this one in theaters (why does my brain work that way?). That was until I thought to myself, I wonder if our local multiplex will have it showing in 3D? Sure enough! Reason to see it on the big screen materialized.

First off. I'm writing this with the hopes that the interwebs are still around in the future when we have 3D ads driving down the road so that I can laugh at my old (not blue and red) 3D glasses wearing self. [HA! - Future Tony]

3D movies are the shit. Let me tell you. First off, those ridiculously (apparently sort of) stylish glasses (circa 1991) we purchased. They were pretty hard to keep off on the drive home =). Next the 3D previews were AWESOME! they made the screen look like I could reach out and help scrat grab his acorn and the far off things were actually way out out of reach. My only complaint, fast moving things looked extra blurry like my eyeballs couldn't quite fill in the blanks or something.

Back to Up, as I was sitting there enamored by the increasingly amazing amount of detail animators are putting into these films I would gawk at things that looked as if they were actually right there in front of me as if I were a part of it (even though it was animated). I couldn't believe it. After the movie I realized I was getting excited about a fake reality. I was getting excited about my everymoment perception of the world, only this time it was in a movie theater! Which also had depth. Hm. Either way. 3D movie = Awesome. You must experience this fake reality while it is still fresh.

Probably my favorite experience from the whole deal was forgetting that we were wearing these ridiculous glasses and looking over at Laura during a funny part and laughing even harder because this is what I saw:

No comments: