Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hows my little ‘08 recap?

2008 was good to me, it got me out of Duluth and college, to date I have earned quite a bit more this year than any other year in my life, which is really great since I’m paying for more things than I ever have in my life, nice. Heres the list I know you want to see:

Best:

Movie:
Wall-E It was sooo good. I don’t think there has been such an excellent social prophecy ever predicted in a G movie

TV Show: Guilty. I like a TV show, but not just any TV show Tru Blood a HBO show about Vampires, nothing like a show that portrays hated minorities in the south, only now its ok! Why? Because these minorities are Vampires.

Concert: Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The lights! The Music! The Company! It was hard not to love.

Album:
Panic at the Disco Takes it this year with their Mellowed out and Sgt. Peppers-esque Pretty. Odd. I like all of the songs but that one awful one in the middle.

Song: Dan le Sac Vs. Scroobious Pip – Thou Shall Always Kill Clever.

Game:
Mario Kart wii, Get a Wii and this game and your free time will be occupied for the next 2 months without question. Heart.

Book: Its New to me, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I’m rather excited for the movie since the book was such a page turner.

Wine Type:
Garnache

Bar Night:
Champions! The evening following Bock Fest at the Brewhouse. I remember lots of bock and some other stuff...sorta

Getaway: Laura And I made our way to Camp Amnicon for a quiet weekend for two, so lovely so cute and so very cold.

Best Events of Note:

Random:
This is a tie since I’m not too sure which one wins. Geocaching Event at gooseberry falls knowing no one – Seeing my next door neighbor do his thing on…himself. More than once – A mud Volleyball tournament.

Obsession: Growing things, especially the grape seeds in my freezer right now.
Celebration: There were many things to celebrate this year. Obama’s victory is at the top of the list, especially since we were in grant park hanging out with his other several hundred thousand friends.

Newsworthy: This one is not good. I can’t believe we owe $700 billion more money to our own banks, and the money can’t even be accounted for, bad news.

Exercise:
I just want to document that I have taken up swimming as a form of fitness. Weird.

2008 was a life changing year without question, it earned me a college degree, I’ve managed to continue my relationship with the same wonderful woman for 2ish years now, I moved to Oakwood, Illinois where I now own a house which rocks. I have a good Graphic Design job working with the memory of dead folks and creating plaques recognizing alive ones, I have my own (expensive as shit) health insurance, and starting tomorrow my first 401k (go stocks go!)

But 2009 has lots to offer too! For next year will be my first full year of the next 45 in the working world, this is exciting to me but I imagine my old ass self reading this in the future is laughing right now (please don’t be bored and keep making wine!) Since we live so damn close to the south I want to head to Bonaroo and rock out for a weekend of mayhem and “memories” I’m still pretty pumped for Celebrating St. Patrick’s day with flogging molly and Growing all sorts of things in our garden, including the beginning of my own private vineyard. Laura and I hope to travel somewhere exciting and frankly I can’t wait! Here’s to the future my friends.

No comments: