Friday, February 29, 2008

Hows my little NOW!?

Anyway to what I am really writing about.

Victoria's Secret and our fat world.

Today at work I was quality checking a book we are doing and I had to work on something else because I was so mad at it (which is a first ever). It was a book about gastric bypass surgery and lap banding. Normally I am whatever about things but this was a fuckin 100 page book about laying down some cash for a 'healthier' life. OKAY fine yes paying money to make yourself healthier is fine in quite a few situations, a nice pair of walking shoes is one, or the co-pay you have for the chemo you are having to get rid of soem cancer, yes I can see that. As far as I know not smoking and not eating shit foods is the best way you can ward off that cancer, otherwise its natural.

BUT OBESITY! Lets lay it out, you are so fat you can't even walk to your mailbox, THEN it escalates to not being able to ascend a small flight of stairs, or even getting out of bed! JESUS!

but wait!

For a few grand you can reverse your perverse lifestyle of eating and with a new scar to show off you can eat as much as you want with the only side effect of diarrhea and nausea on the daily. You can shrink the size of your stomach to fit back into the plus size section of target. Or even with a bit of additional walking daily you might even be able to have just one X in front of that L. Thats the American way. Somethings not right? Thank god for credit cards and coat hangers.

Which leads me into Victoria's Secret. The lingerie store of lingerie stores. Today on CNN I watched some uptight asshole who probably didn't wear bell bottoms when it was fashionable preach to me about how VICTORIA'S SECRET IS TOO SEXY! HOLY FUCKING CHRIST ALMIGHTY!

Apparently the CEO made a statement saying they were in need of going back to their roots and focus less on sexy and more on classy. Ok fine. But CNN why the hell were you showing the same clip from the runway with the models MODELING their newest line of BRAS AND UNDERWEAR! They have to look sexy, maybe it's because I am a male but isn't the reason women purchase lingerie is to empower them to feel a bit more sexy under their clothes? If not under their clothes but with their Significant other? No? YES! holy shit yes!

I say go ahead vitoria's secret cover up your attractive models with shirts, let a bra strap sell an entire bra, be classy but stay classy. You already are, keep it that way, wait sell more giant sweat pants that say pink on the ass, thats where your real cash lies.

4 comments:

Pete said...

I heard recently that the dude who set up Victoria's Secret threw himself off the Golden Gate bridge and didn't make much money from it as he sold it onto a larger company.

The Victoria in the name refers to Queen Victoria who had a load of kids with her husband, but didn't strike the nation as someone who would procreate.

As for gastric bypass.... ouch

FullaLove said...

I feel slightly biased when it comes to the topic of obesity, since I stem from a lineage of fairly healthy people.

That said, I can not at all comprehend stepping on the scale, having it read 250, and deciding that I could keep living just like I was. I don't understand how these people just keep inflating.

Isn't there a point in between 150 and 500 where you go, "Shit, I have to slow down a bit." There is no way you can feel good at all. It seems like we are too preoccupied creating easy ways out instead of focusing on keeping people healthy and fit in the first place.

Nothing feels better than wearing the sexiest bra you own. Its like you are wearing gold underneath your clothing. Gold with really sexy cleavage.

FullaLove said...

While writing that extensively long comment, I chowed down an entire box of Mac n'Cheese. How fitting.

Peter. said...

i recently took a trip to toronto, canada. mandy and myself ate out downtown a few times and it's crazy how much smaller the portions of food you get are in canada. after returning home to the states & eating out i've created this notion that's one reason of many why Americans are plump.
but i must thank my genes because if my motabolism wasn't rock star, i'd be fat too. i'm a lazy bitch.