Friday, July 15, 2011

Hows my little Friday?

Today is my Friday.

Yep. In fact it is Friday July the 15th. All day it will be Friday, and the 15th. But this week on Tuesday of all days a complete stranger told me as she was ringing up my foam brushes it was her Friday.

Who the fuck does she think she is!!? Julius Cesar? No, she was a clerk at Menards, not a commander of the largest standing army in the world. She was in no position to change our tried and tested Gregorian calendar.

So what?
Well folks, everyone gets days off (if they work). Some people get two days in a row, others get more and fewer, and Friday always happens after Thursday. As far as I'm concerned my Friday happens right before your Saturday. So let it be known world, your Friday is mine too, don't tell people its your Friday just because you are about to get days off in the middle of the week.

In order to prevent further outrage I have prepared a few statements you could use to replace "Today is my Friday":

I'm not working the next couple of days!

I am glad to have some time off tomorrow.

Today I'm doing well, I have a couple of days off starting tomorrow.

My work week ends at a different day than a traditional worker and thus my week ends on strange days such as Wednesday, and sometimes even on Sundays! This is exciting to me because I can get a babysitter tonight and get drunk with my friends and sleep in tomorrow. So it will seem like the Saturdays I remember when I was in school! Really though it will be Thursday and I'll have to come back to work on Saturday.

No comments: