Saturday, May 01, 2010

Hows my little runner?

What fun!
This weekend was my first timed race in like 6 years and naturally I am running something completely different than what my body may have been used to back in the day. A 5K (3.106856 mi) Vs 400M Hurdles (.24854848 mi). I started running in the middle of March to get all ready for it and have had some good success. My original goal was to finish around 25 min, but then during my training I realized that was probably not going to happen and figured I would probably finish in about 30 minutes. In all honesty the goal was to finish in general, with the ultimate goal of running the entire time. Both were accomplished, with a time of 27:22, not bad! I now realize why my Dad said he started off in the slow group, because you can definitely see some better scenery as you advance in the pack, I think I'll remember this for future races.

Yesterday while I was picking up my info for the race I had the opportunity to measure my vital stats by taking off my flip flops and sanitizing my hands, I think it is a fun thing to share so here you are:

Weight: 199.4
Height: 6'4.7"
BMI: 24
Fat Index: 16%
Fat Mass: 31.9 lbs. (!)
Body Type: Athletic
Overall body health: Good-Excellent

Hurray! Its been fun (doing some extra) running for this 5K because I have actually been able to notice my body thinning up quicker than from just swimming, which sort of confirms my learning that swimmers have a harder time losing weight, for an unknown reason. Ten boxes of girl scout cookies threw quite a wrench in that process as well.

Attending marathon events is also great because of the density of fit and attractive people in such a small amount of space/time. I hope to do another one.

No comments: