Sunday, July 05, 2009

Hows my little Parade?

Happy Independence Day!
Don't forget to be thankful for the liberties you take for granted daily, like choosing where you work and what you can eat!

Yesterday Laura and I hit up the Oakwood Parade in the morning. boy was it great, our candy dish was pretty much empty and we took care of that thanks to the paraders. Here are some pictures of a small town parade. Also note, I've never seen that many people in Oakwood to date.

The head of the procession, Laura liked this part the best can you tell?









Of course a community nestled in a bunch of corn fields needs to have a mini parade of these:

We had mom and dad over for dinner last night and we were pretty ecstatic that we were going to be able to watch fireworks from the front porch, but after 45 minutes of no explosions I walked to the park to find it deserted, all the people we heard and saw were at a party in front of it. Screw you Fourth of July rain!


Of course I told everyone when the garden looked acceptable I would take a picture of it, here it is! It looks great! Laura is going to pick a cucumber soon and I bet tomatoes will be ready for pickin in the next weekish. Fresh onions taste outstanding!

No comments: