Monday, October 15, 2007

Hows my little fatty?

another sign that humans are on their way to eating themselves to death:

Hardee's today rolled out its new Country Breakfast Burrito - two egg omelets filled with bacon, sausage, diced ham, cheddar cheese, hash browns and sausage gravy, all wrapped inside a flour tortilla. The burrito contains 920 calories and 60 grams of fat.

I'm not saying that it doesn't sound good, because it does, But come on! according to a little caloric calculator to maintain my weight I should eat on the low side of 2500 calories each day. 920 is really really close to half of what I should eat in a day, neatly wrapped in a portable burrito. (So that I can run while eating it...right?)

Jayne Hurley(nutritionist), said The "country breakfast bomb," represents half a day's calories and a full day's worth of saturated fat and salt, to say nothing of cholesterol.

3 comments:

samma said...

is this any different from a chipolte bomb? one of those can easily be over 1000 calories if you plan it right.

anniemosity said...

i wonder how fatty it would be if one made it vegetarian.... because that shit sounds good.

Tony! said...

you're right sam. I'm mad about it, but you're right.