Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hows my little 23rd?

My life(this weekend):
This weekend was a fun one. It kicked off with my always wonderful girlfriend trekking up from Mad-town and we had an excellent steak dinner and some delicious chocolate spice cake and ice cream. After drinking some wine we decided a trip to the red star was in store, but not before picking up Sarah and Sam from Sir Bens and a drink there. There was some dancing at the red star which was a ball.



After some much needed sleep Laura and I headed out of town to Jay Cooke state park and hiked around a little bit and did some geocacheing. (2 for 2!) It is a really cool area because of how the landscape was shaped by the mighty St. Louis river.


(not sure why it loaded on its side)

After we finished Geocacheing we went to the UMD drag show which was fun. We tried watching the jungle book but we both fell asleep a couple of times during it.

Sunday was fun too!
Laura's and I went out to Hells Kitchen for breakfast which was really delicious, I had the huevos rancheros which I recommend. Later we met up with laura's parents and we headed to the Depot which was really cool. I love learning about Duluth's history for some reason and there was much to be learned there.




That night on a spur of the moment decision Laura and I made a mad dash to the movie theater to catch the last showing of Across The Universe. I will recommend this movie to just about anyone. I'm not usually a big fan of musical movies but its such an engaging movie and oddly inspiring (to me anyway) its worth the 8 bucks.

Monday was my Birthday and Laura took me out to dinner at the brewhouse and we hit up carmodys for a couple of drinks with all sorts of cool peeps. It was very grand, and so am I.

2 comments:

samma said...

friday was good news. also, i like your yellow/gold background. it looks great.

anniemosity said...

happy belated birthday, dear fat.

i was in the car with my brother yesterday and saw your package in the backseat. (i'd asked him to mail it for me.) i'm taking care of it myself. today. so consider it a birthday present.

ps: i had a dream about you last night. you were carrying me on your shoulders around some campus that turned into a mall. ???