Wednesday, October 19, 2005

How's my little first timer?

To all you folks, new, old, young, and...uh well old again I guess, Today is going to be my first day posting on the 'other' blog site blogspot. I have a few friends on it, and I have received a few complaints that I don't use it. BUT DON'T WORRY. I will actually be writing my blogs here on Xanga for you kids here to read AND copying the posts over the other one. Really it doesn't matter all that much, unless someone who reads this and uses blogger can comment, whoever you are.

This week has been super un-eventful, until today. I have two projects and a portfolio review tomorrow, its bullshit. I don't know how I can possibly procrastinate myself into these messes...But I do! But for you Anne, I blog.

So a couple of weekends ago I headed up to Spirit Mountian to sell my old Line Skogen Skis to some Sucker so I could update my skis...You know gotta be hip and trendy to fit in.....Right? Well some poor chap even bought em! Today after my nap I decided that I was close enough to getting my check from the seller that I could put a downpayment for a hold on the skis or to just buy em all together. God did not intend for me to ski this season apparently, because when I strolled on into Ski Hut, I could not find my skis, and a little tear began to form....they sold out of them, was my initial reaction :( BUT NO!! Over my shoulder lay my beloved skis, K2's Public Enemy.

Giddily I hopped over to examine them one last time before saying, "I'll take these". I checked the price, out of (good) habit. NOT ONLY DID THEY MOVE THE SKIS IN THE STORE THEY ROSE THE PRICE ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! I flipped out inside my head, I interrupted the salesman who looked to be having a pleasant conversation and said, "why did the price on these guys jump a hundred bucks?" guy says they were never in the spot I saw them before, for let alone such a sillily low price. Bewildered I listened to him jabber about nonsense (at least I think so, I wasn't really paying attention) and followed him around the store with him toting the skis I can now, NOT afford with him. The dude I interrupted said they were some pretty nice skis, and I said yeah, I was going to buy them until RIGHT NOW, he replied with a typical skier/boarder "bummer".

I left with my head in my hands stifling back my tears, because I am fucked now for more than one reason, No skis to use my $120 season pass, If I cant ski this winter I'll go bananas. SO if any of you want to get rid of a brand new pair of public enemy's I will gladly bake you cookies and serve your every whim for quite a while. I'm probably over reacting, because as soon as I post this I'm headed to eBay.

Long enough?


That is all.

1 comment:

anniemosity said...

you, sir, are beautiful.