Monday, April 01, 2013

Hows my little bunny?

This year Laura and I were faced with a never before missed experience in our lives. Easter Sunday, her, me, and no one else. Including the bunny.

Including the bunny.

Yeah I'm almost thirty, but I'll be damned if I don't get to hunt for some eggs once a year. So this year we took matters into our own adult hands, by dying some eggs with kool-aid and non-toxic markers to hide for each other the next day. Thankfully it was a complete success and we surprised ourselves with how many good hiding spots our small house affords.


Jinx helping Laura search. 
Yes, those are my feetie onesies. Yes, I love them.

Later that day since it was beautiful outside we strapped our canoe to the Subaru and headed to Kickapoo for an afternoon of paddling around, chasing geese, and watching turtles jump off their sunning logs.


We also saw a snake. This was the worst part of the day.

After our paddle we played a couple of rounds of Kubb while I overcooked our prime rib. Thankfully it was still fantastic.

 Dear everyone who likes their meat well done...you're missing out on really good tasting meat.

No comments: