Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hows my little romantic getaway?

Last weekend I surprised Laura with a romantic getaway to the land of Door County, Wisconsin. This was our first trip to the area and we were both quite excited to be there.

I like trying to surprise Laura so I kept the destination and activities suppressed to a few hints: we haven't been there before, it will take between two and ten hours to get there, and we will participate in things that we like doing.

I blindfolded her on Friday morning with my smart wool socks. I completely forgot that she doesn't have much wool tolerance and I thought she was going to scratch her eyes out. I forgot to get gas before we left and needed to stop an hour into our drive so I let her take off the blind fold there. I was a little bummed, I was hoping to make it through Chicago.

Our adventures in Door County were great, we visited 3 wineries, a brewery, found some geocaches, enjoyed our larger than expected room and its ammenities, ate a few delightful meals, and even found some time to relax with a couples massage.

We both decided that we need to go back in the summertime when more things are open and we can swim around.

No comments: