Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Hows my little world traveler?

For some reason many of the people I know in our new neck of the woods think that Laura and I are world travelers. I think its because we leave the state more than once a year. I wish I could say I leave the country that often, but I guess I have to take baby steps.

This weekend Laura and I had a rockin good time at her Brother's family's new diggs just south of the ATL in Peachtree city, which has no peach trees. It justsohappens to be the 8th best place to live in the country according to the internet Whoddthunk it?

Anyway, they do live in a pretty cool town, and if you're a walker the golf carts can be annoying, but if you're a fat southerner, I'm sure the walkers are annoying. But I'm not sure if the guy who walked his dog while driving the golf cart can think anything other than actually lifting his arm to hold his steering wheel could be more annoying.

Aside from ogling golf carts and swanky abodes we did happen to enjoy ourselves. It was nice to see Scott and Brandee's house, ;) and we definitely got a good taste of the outdoors. I would also like to commend little Alia for raising my standards of baby hate because she hardly made a peep. But I would like to mention all of her hard work at impressing me was quickly wiped out with the baby who sat next to us on the plane ride home. After what seemed like an eternity of crying (probably more like 20 minutes(which seems like the coming of the 4 horsemen)) I have once again reaffirmed myself babies that are not anywhere in my planned future. Dear lord I was considering murder before our plane even left the ground. Thank goodness for The Used('s ?) new album I was able to mask the screaming a bit with another kind of screaming.

I've decided I need to realize my personal legend, I think I'm currently polishing crystal. Someday maybe I will be inspired to write a blog about some of the things/event that have inspired me in the past. I'm chalking the Alchemist (book i just finished) up as one of those things today. A must read for people who have an idea for a direction in life but just need a guiding hand to help with some motivation.

My next post will be about my road trip to Colorado with Laura! I'm pretty excited for it! I'm sure Laura is too but she, like me, doesn't know whats going on yet. Should be Supergreat!!

1 comment:

FullaLove said...

When are you going to teeeelllll everybody about your trip Fatty!? Its like a cliff-hanger where I already know the ending but am still waiting in suspense anyway!