Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hows my little busy bee?

Life?
Grand.
No Complaints.
The lady in my life is excellent.
The things in my life are excellent.
If all we need is love, than consider me all set.

Last weekend I did the traditional memorial weekend with my excellent pals from the glory days. There seemed to be more shenanigans than usual. For example...I still can't get over this one. One of my best friends pushed me off his deck into a bush just for laughs:

I know its weird to say, my best friend pushed me off his deck into a bush. Many people would say, are you sure he is a friend? I can only answer with, 'it's a weird friendship...' crazy huh? (if he was here he would be playing an imaginary fiddle)

I played paintball yesterday for the first time, that is a great time! I've always loved FPS games but putting those skills into real life where you STILL don't die. Even better. Laura for some reason opted out for some reason I couldn't imagine her in the mask/gun regalia, it must be because she is such a sweetheart, so I understood. I was going to post pictures of my "kills" but I'm a bit vain and think I look farther out of shape than I am (which is saying something) so just imagine 6 nice round little welts on one side of your body and go wow neat ouch!

Books:
I want everyone to know that if you are ever on a 6 hour+ drive, audio books are probably the absolute best form of entertainment next to peeing into a bottle. (which you can simultaneously do.....if you're good), I managed to survive a 9 hour drive (533 miles) to Justin's cabin with the book called Stardust by Neil Gaiman (a phenomenal movie by the by 9 [Hear that Twilight!?!]) and another called The Book of Lies. Which was also pretty exciting and recommended. For you twilight folks, New Moon was about 30 pages away from me folding shut and giving up. Thank god for some real live excitement and plot advancement. If you decide to read the Twilight series I will strongly advise you to skip the entire second book pass go get your $200 and dive into the significantly better third one. No time wasted and 100% love for the series upheld. I have now started on Stephenie Meyer's 4th edition of what Laura and I have affectionately begun to call Edward, because really, who cares about anyone else? So far my interest level has been maintained, in all fairness I'm not too far into it though.

I found corn (High Fructose Corn Syrup) in my ketchup today and nearly shat a brick. WTF corn, Ketchup?

I bought Pepsi throwback today only because it is made with real live sugar, I'll bring one to work tomorrow to tell you it tastes the same.

As a US citizen I do not want any stake in owning the shitty automobile manufacturer GM especially since they are the masterminds behind such successful brands such as Hummer and...uhh GM? Wait, does that mean since my EARNED money taken from me via taxes will be deducted from a new GM (government motors) vehicle? Who is to say that the president in power will NOT be able to hold restraint in the vehicles being produced? Imagine if a new bush was elected, I bet cars would be cross shaped and throw Jews at imports that cut you off. Fuck that.

2 comments:

Justin said...

You sure love to whine a lot (im playing the imaginary fiddle for you)

ElectricSquid said...

Danielle and I grabbed the Great Gatsby on audio-tape for a recent trip (although I'm pretty sure I read it a long time ago), but Tim Robbins voice nearly put us both to sleep in the middle of the day -- dangerous stuff, those audiobooks.
Sorry for the missed connection Toners, I owe you a pickle. Looks like fun at the cabin however. We must go camping sometime this summer, somewhere in the middle, mayhaps. And of course, ladies camp free.