Monday, April 20, 2009

Hows my little guy?

Reading:
The Watchmen Graphic Novel - So far pretty good and a very different reading experience
The Omnivore's Dilemma - Only a few pages into it but I think I'll be ready to quit eating food purchased outside of a farmer's market.

Unrelated fun food fact: The average food Item travels 1500 miles to reach the mouth it feeds. Obese people are causing global warming.

I recently finished reading The Two Towers and Laura and I just watched the movie, holy cow they are different! But the movie was still really good. (hear that twilight!?!)

Its supposed to be 80 this weekend, We are going to buy bushes and go hunting for some mushrooms! I'm pumped! Bring it on garden!

Now that I'm a homeowner watching HGTV is actually interesting.

I'm building a rain barrel.

One of my coworkers consistently has bad breath, it really grosses me out.

Anyone know some good cooking with beer recipes?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beer Bread
(this is really good with a light beer like Grain Belt, or even Killians, but experimenting is half the fun)

3 cups self rising flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 12oz can beer
4 tablespoons butter/margarine

Combine flour, sugar, beer in a bowl. Scrap into well greased loaf pan. Bake at 375, about 50 minutes. Pour melted butter over top and bake 10 minutes longer.

Extra notes: Don't mix in electric mixer, needs to be mixed quick and tossed soon into the pan.

Best served warm.

*From the book Country Wisdom and Know-how.