Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hows my little Identity?

So I am about sit down to craft a gateway into the field of graphic design and promptly asked myself, well, Who am I?

I then took a pause to fold my laundry and tidy up my room to try and decide the best way to answer that question in interesting detail.

Who am I is an excellent question I've decided thus far. Well I can say in my life I've been a lot of things, a cub scout, a boy scout, a volunteer, a joker, annoying, a liar, a bearer of bad news and good news. I've celebrated and mourned, I've cried and laughed. I was a High school tri-sport athlete, an NCAA athlete, a student, and an employee. I've been in love and I've been a traveler. I've been a confident, a shoulder to cry on, a complainer, and mystery solver. These are mostly good things many of them I am now, but still who I was.

Who am I today? Who will I be tomorrow.

Well My parents raised me well, I usually remember My pleases and Thank Yous, I push in my chair when I am done sitting in it and I try not to interrupt people, but I do have a problem with finishing their sentences. I'll hold the door open for people to walk through assuming I'm not in a hurry myself, and I say thank you to the bus driver when I get off the bus. I smile a lot and complain very little. I don't put my napkin in my lap nor do I make my bed. I'm rude to people who I think are dumber than me and I am sarcastic when I get mad.

That is a little about me but who am I really.

If we go off the little quote "It's not what you say that defines you, It's what you do." Well I don't do much, I am a motivated person but I can get very lazy sometimes. I firmly believe if it weren't for the last minute nothing would be done. A procrastinator?

So to a perspective employer who am I?

I am Tony Jacobson, I'm friendlier than your average person, I have an interest in variety of things and still want to learn how to wind surf. I'm a student nearly graduated with a BFA in graphic design and I've learned the skills necessary to be competitive in the working world, more so than many of my peers because I scrutinize design wherever I go. I think that a well designed thing is the best kind of thing. I've bought things before simply because I've liked the label, why wouldn't the rest of the world do the same? As a person I am eclectic and evolving just like my work, I constantly try to expand my vocabulary and think I can hold my ground in a conversation with anyone who might think they are smarter than me.

So who am I?

I'm not just a guy nor am I just me. I am Anthony Christopher Jacobson, I write kisses in the little electronic box when I sign for my card, and I have a personality that thus far has gotten me where I want to be in life.

I know, and now you know what exactly my mark means when its seen. It's not just me being cute, there is a person behind it, a guy who has a life, and is driven to be happy, and most of all I am..



Tony!



1 comment:

anniemosity said...

i love this post.