Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hows my little want?

I want...

I want so much for me and my life right now and into the future I don't know where to start.
I mean I am starting in a good spot with a college degree I guess. I really enjoy my homework and what I learn in classes but I want, yearn even for something more something extra. I don't sit down at my computer nightly and read about the latest designer's poster or the newest joke about the comic sans font, no I read current events, and technology news/gossip I try to understand technology and where it is and where it's headed. If I were to walk into an interview and be asked Who is my favorite graphic designer? I wouldn't know but I could tell them the latest rumor about the iPhone or my speculation on the Sirius/XM merger, or how I could hook my Slingbox pro to an apple TV and have a really great mobile set-up.
Then again, I could just take pictures of people or things, that could get me somewhere, but not somewhere quickly unfortunately.
In life I am not really asking to be particularly wealthy nor prestigious but i want a job that will pay the bills, and still allow me to duck out early on a Friday to meet someone for ice cream on a beach.
But, I DON'T want to settle for a job, after I finish school I am going to work where I want to work.
I want to leave, I like the mid-west, I like Duluth (mostly) and I like where I grew up, but I am leaving. While working my monotonous possibly career assisting job I find myself thinking, no, dreaming of where I am going to find a place to live work and eat after I graduate. Damn if the ocean isn't within reasonable driving distance you won't find me there. Costa Rica, Hawaii, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia? all interesting prospects.
I want so much for myself I still don't know where to start, but at the end of the day when I cuddle up for sleep I smile and fall asleep knowing that it's going to work out in the end because it always does, you and I both know that.

With that goes the quote I posted earlier "Before you begin, set aside your fear."

I know a few people in life right now who read this blog who could take those few words and really think on them. I know that in order for me to achieve my wants I need to set aside my own fears which I am finally ready to do.

1 comment:

FullaLove said...

You know fat, I've been thinking the same way lately. Do I want to spend my life driving through rush hour to sit and stare at a computer for 8 hours a day? No, not really.

But I do know I enjoy graphic design, I do know I like to be challenged, I do know that I love to experience new things.

So what to do with that, how to start? I think instead of saying 'I want' all the time, you have to start saying 'I am going to'. I am seeing how easy it is to get stuck in one place...routines are developed far too easily. If you are willing to step away from all that is comfortable to you, I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Except wait until I give you one more hug before you do that, k?