Monday, January 22, 2007

Hows my little opinion?

I have wanted to bitch about something lately here on my blog.
I couldn't decide what to vent about though.
I mean I REALLY want to bitch, moan, complain and curse about shit that upsets me.

So here they ALL are:


Duluth:

This winter Duluth has absofucking no snow to speak of. If it weren't for the two dustings we have had in the last few weeks it would be baron brown and shitty outside. Instead it is gray, moist, and annoyingly slippery on the sidewalks. Lay it on me god, I want mounds of that white stuff piled outside my door.


Music:

The music industry is complaining that album sales are the lowest they have been in five years. But at Best Buy today I saw why, fucking $14.00 or more for 13 tracks and only 3 of them worth listening to? Well shit, no wonder people are pirating music it cost so damn much to get it you might as well. An album is worth no more than ten bucks to me, and thats right up there on the edge. If i want to support an artist I'll see them in concert and buy their shit there, that is...If I can afford to go.


Iraq:
How are we sending more troops over to Iraq. 21,000 MORE???!!? AHHHH I can't stand seeing more people die for this stupid reason(what is the reason anymore?). I saw a picture on CNN a few days ago that nearly killed me, there was actually blood running down a street from so many dead people, a dual car-bomb explosion caused it. Hell, even the Iraqi Prime minister wants us to start getting the hell out.


Our warming planet:

GLOBAL WARMING. Its only a little important, seeing it doesn't effect just me and my stupid opinions it effects EVERYONE. I seem to live in a country that almost embraces a warmer planet. WTF. I saw Gore's Power point turned feature film today, 'An Inconvenient Truth' It is a movie worth seeing, rent it and watch it with all of your friends. It is not nearly as boring as I imagined it would be. Its informative and inspiring. If the government will not do something it might help your vote to influence the government, but even that doesn't always work. One stunning fact I got from the video: Of 928 peer-reviewed scientific articles on global climate change published between 1993 and 2003, every article supported the human-caused global warming. But, here is the kicker, the media calls it a theory, debatable, or a natural trend. Sure it is natural, but not on THIS magnitude. Check out this graph on its 'naturalness':




President Bush:

Bush's 'victory' 2000 was a mistake on a few levels. I can't even think of something that I thought Man...good move prez, that will make my life better in the long run. UNLESS I get super rich, then I know that how much money I will have to pen to the tax man will be small. Or lets recall how he vetoed American scientists research on stem cells putting the intelligent scientists America works so hard at training at a global disadvantage in research on such small problems as spinal cord injuries, lukemia, or that other small problem, what is it....oh, CANCER. Or maybe how he took money out of our "untouchable" social security bankroll to get things kicked off in the death march we call the Iraq war. Remember that Mission Accomplished banner on that Aircraft carrier? Me either, we are still fucking killing and getting killed over there. But my all time FAVORITE memory of Bush is the Kyoto treaty. Anyone remember that one? No? it didn't help solve world peace, but god damnit it could help KEEP it in about 25 years when millions of people are looking for a few other places to live because their old living room is better as a boat house than for watching lost. FUCK!!! Even Switzerland signed the damn thing and they don't give a damn about global politics. Check out how much of the world gives a damn about keeping it like it is:


The State of the union is going to kill me tomorrow I'm sure of it.

So there you have it. I'm upset about a few things right now, maybe you could tell. As a college student I don't have too much power to change things. I have attempted to use the little power I do have by voting. Until I free myself from the ball and chain called student life, I will continue voicing my opinion to the world via blog. With an education and with a little bit of will I can and will make a difference in this place I love so much. As I have said before and will continue saying, Give me a chance to shine and I'm going to blind the world.

2 comments:

samma said...

i really enjoyed this. i like it when you're angry.

i just said today i want there to be a three day long blizzard. just dump the snow on us please! i don't care if it takes me 8 hours to get my car out of the driveway. it will give me a good reason to not go to work. and i'll just take a sled down the hill to the bus stop.

not only are the prices outrageous, but they're letting idiots record music. paris hilton and lindsey lohan? what the fuck have they amounted to? crabs and rehab.

iraq? what is the reason? bush is afraid of losing. how can we lose when we don't know what we're fighting against.

the duluth truth seems to think global warming is just a liberal paranoia. i don't even want to go there. our winters are getting milder and our summers are getting hotter and i hate it.

bush. blah blah blah. and apparently i voted in the wrong precinct cause some idiot told me wrong and i could face legal charges or something if i do it again. but i'll keep voting. they can't stop me.

jesus. i wrote a novel. thanks for getting me wound up, for real. we can't ingore these things.

anniemosity said...

hi. i like this post.

we have got to get out of iraq. we are doing so much more harm than good. it's so sickening. all for the sake of bush saving face.

global warming freaks me the fuck out.

the kyoto treaty pisses me off hardcore. i read the other day that the reason that bush won't sign the treaty is because china didn't have to, and they are "the world's second largest emitter of carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases." childish? yes. also, "bush also opposes the treaty because of the strain he believes the treaty would put on the economy." really? worse than the economic strain the war in iraq is putting on the economy?

yeah, state of the union is going to blow.

but it's good to get mad and bitch about things sometimes. let it out, tony. let it out.

also you are quite knowledgeable... and i think that's cool.


novella composed and published by anniemosity.